Honeyed chicken wings
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Everyone loves sticky chicken wings so there’s no better way to put a smile on everyone’s lips when you serve this family favourite. They can be served as a starter or main meal and are great for eating outdoors at a party or gathering. Chicken wings are inexpensive to buy and can be served hot or cold.
- 20 chicken wings
- 100g runny honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
Serve the Honeyed Chicken Wings with coleslaw, corn on the cob and potato wedges for a really delicious meal.
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C / 400⁰F / Fan 180⁰C / Gas Mark 6 to start this chicken wing recipe
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and arrange the chicken wings on it.
- Roast the chicken wings for 25 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Put the honey, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, tomato ketchup and Worcester sauce into a small saucepan, heat gently over a medium heat and whisk together until everything is well combined.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush the honey mixture over the wings evenly.
- Return the wings to the oven and roast for a further 20 minutes until sticky and golden.