Spicy grilled chicken
Prep time:plus 3-4 hours to marinade
Total time:plus time to marinade
Skill level: Easy peasy
This spicy grilled chicken recipe is an easy to prepare and popular family dish. It is versatile and is great to serve hot or cold. Cook the breasts on a griddle pan if you have one or in an ordinary frying pan if you donít. The spicy marinade really peps up chicken giving it a delicious flavour. Serve it with a simple salad and you have a really healthy meal. The recipe serves 4 people and will take 25 mins to prepare and cook plus time to marinade too. The longer you leave your cut of chicken to soak, the more flavour packed it will be. These chicken pieces can be cooked on the BBQ too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving. Our spicy grilled chicken recipe would be perfect sandwich between two burger buns, served with freshly made salad or presented on a bed of saucy pasta.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 chicken breasts
You can use this marinade for chicken portions if you prefer, simply leave to marinade and then roast in the oven at 200⁰C/400⁰F/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 for 30 Ė 40 minutes depending on the size of the portions used.
- Put the olive oil, garlic, lime juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin and turmeric into a small bowl and lightly whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a dish or large polythene bag.
- Put the chicken breasts into the dish or bag and thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Cover the dish with cling film or seal the bag and place in the fridge to marinate for 3 Ė 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat the griddle pan until hot, then arrange the chicken breasts on the pan and cook for 15 minutes, turning once or twice until cooked through or when the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the flesh.
- Serve with a crisp salad.