Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Speedy to prepare and using up ingredients you have in your fridge, this easy meal is one you will be able to rustle up very quickly. The sauce is made from a tub of soft cheese and combined with mushrooms, gives a delicious combination of flavours. Serve the Mushroom Pasta with a tomato salad and garlic bread for a deliciously filling meal.
- 200g Tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 250g tub soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 150g wafer thin smoked ham, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You can add crispy bacon to this recipe instead of the ham or add white wine to the sauce to make it a little extra special. If you want more sauce in this dish just add more soft cheese – perhaps another small tub – until you get the consistency you like.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10 – 12 minutes until tender but still “Al Dente” or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and then add the mushrooms. Fry the mushrooms over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes until golden and tender. Add the ham and stir well until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and 3 – 4 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid. Stir together well to make a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushrooms and ham.
- Pour in the sauce and stir everything together very well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately with a salad and garlic bread.