Pancakes with Nutella and hazelnuts
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pancakes are a quick, easy and versatile dessert, and cost next to nothing - but so many of us still only serve them up on Shrove Tuesday! Free these tasty crepes from the shackles of Pancake Day and introduce them into your weekday repertoire with this recipe for chocolate and hazelnut pancakes. It takes just 20 minutes to cook these up for the whole family, but that little bit of time will lead you to a truly luxurious dessert. Even better, you’ve probably already got the ingredients tucked away in your fridge and cupboard.
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- Knob of butter
- 125g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 250ml milk
- 50ml water
- 1tsp sunflower oil
For the topping
- 4tbsp Nutella
- Chopped hazelnuts
You can leave any leftover batter covered in the fridge and use it to make pancakes for breakfast or Yorkshire puddings for dinner!
- Place a pan over a medium heat and cut a piece from the knob of butter.
- Whilst the butter melts, whisk the flour, eggs, milk, water and oil together until the batter is smooth.
- Pour a thin layer of batter into the pan and cook on one side. Flip (carefully!) and cook the other side equally.
- In the meantime, warm the Nutella in a saucepan over a low heat until it becomes a good consistency for drizzling.
- Once each pancake is cooked evenly, drizzle the inside with Nutella, fold, add more Nutella to the top and scatter with a handful of chopped nuts.
- Serve the pancakes whilst they’re still hot.