Easy chicken tacos
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tacos are crispy Mexican corn pancakes which make the perfect container for juicy chunks of spiced chicken, lettuce, cream and cheese. Use shop-bought salsa and you’ll have these easy chicken tacos ready in no time. This is a speedy supper that only takes 15 mins to cook and is sure to be a hit with the family! Use beef or turkey mince instead of chicken if preferred for a meaty and flavoursome filling.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 8 taco shells
- 230g tub salsa
- Salad leaves or shredded iceberg lettuce
- 300ml tub sour cream
- 100g grated cheese
Why not leave the fillings in bowls and let the kids assemble their own tacos?
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and brown for 5 mins.
- Add the spices to the pan and stir to coat the chicken. Cook for another 5 - 10 mins, until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the taco shells in the oven for a few minutes.
- Fill the taco shells with chicken pieces, salsa, salad leaves, sour cream and cheese. Serve immediately.