Roast chicken with a sweet mustard glaze
Skill level: Easy peasy
Spice up your Sunday roast chicken with this sweet mustard glaze. This chicken is bursting with flavor, with hot mustard, honey, garlic and plenty of herbs. The soy sauce and honey in the marinade give the chicken skin a beautiful golden finish with extra flavor too. And with just 5 mins preparation time, you can pop this roast chicken in the oven and get on with enjoying your Sunday with the family. If you want an extra spicy kick use English mustard instead of wholegrain mustard if you’re looking for a hot marinade.
- Approx. 1.75kg chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- ½tsp dried rosemary
- ½tsp dried thyme
- ½tsp salt
Try adding 1tsp Tabasco sauce to the marinade for an extra kick!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Stir together the garlic, mustard, olive oil, honey, soy, herbs and salt.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and brush over the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 40 mins per kilo, plus an extra 30 mins. If the skin starts to get too dark, cover with foil.
- Check that it’s cooked by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh. The juices should run clear; if not, cook for longer.