Apple and pear sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Fed up with ordinary apple sauce? Why not try this tasty apple and pear sauce with your roast pork this weekend. The pear pieces hold their shape, resulting in a sweet and chunky sauce that is the perfect partner to pork. It couldn’t be easier to make, and it tastes so much better than a shop-bought version. It only takes 5 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook. Add a citrus kick to the sauce by adding in some orange zest.
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 25g caster sugar
- 2tbsp apple juice
- Salt and pepper
Try adding a pinch of orange zest, it really brings out the fruity flavours.
- Place the apple, pear, apple juice and sugar into a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat for around 25 mins, until the apple has broken down.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.