Cabbage with chorizo and apple
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Liven up boring old cabbage with some Spanish spice! This is a handy and quick side dish to have up your sleeve when youíre feeding a lot of people. The spicy chorizo sausage and sweet apple make it a perfect accompaniment to roast pork so if you fancy something different with your roast dinner, this would be the perfect recipe. It only takes 10 mins to cook so itís a speedy side dish full of flavor.
- 25g butter
- 100g cooking chorizo, diced
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and diced
- 1 spring cabbage, sliced into ribbons
Chorizo too spicy for you? Try diced pancetta instead.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the chorizo for 5 mins, then add the apple and fry for 5 more mins.
- Add the cabbage and toss with the chorizo and apple. Cook until the cabbage is wilted.
- Season to taste.