Warm chicken and raspberry salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
A pretty salad to enjoy when home-grown raspberries are in season and assemble just before serving for maximum flavour. Try serving smaller portions as a delicious fruity starter to a summer meal. This salad is rather filling and ideal if youíre trying to be healthy as they protein in the chicken will keep you fuller for longer. It only takes 15 mins to rustle up and is a delicious picnic treat or lunch recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls of your favourite salad leaves, washed
- A handful of yellow or red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh raspberries, washed, at room temperature
- 2tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 2tsp clear honey
Raspberry vinegar is a naturally sweet vinegar made from steeping fresh fruit in white wine vinegar. If unavailable, replace with balsamic vinegar.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Slice into pieces about 2cm thick and season well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the chicken pieces, turning occasionally, for about 15 mins until lightly golden all over and cooked through.
- Just before the chicken is ready assemble the salad. Put the leaves, tomatoes and raspberries in a bowl and carefully mix together. Pile on to serving plates. Blend the vinegar and honey together.
- To serve, drain the chicken and spoon over the salad. Serve immediately, drizzled with the raspberry dressing.