Honey baked bananas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your 5 a day a new lease of life with this quick and easy recipe for honey baked bananas. Packed with sugar, spices and soft, delicious fruit, each bite is an explosion of different temperatures and textures, with a dose of smooth and creamy yoghurt, crunchy nuts and sweet and sticky banana in every single spoonful. These bananas are the answer to all of your pudding prayers – they’re healthy, tasty, and so simple to make. In fact, you can have this delicious dish on the table in 20 minutes or less. Why not whip up a batch tonight?
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4tbsp honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 200g tub Greek yoghurt
- 4tsp chopped walnuts
This cooking method would work well with other soft fruits such as peaches!
- Pre-heat oven to 190⁰C/370⁰F/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 5.
- Slice the bananas lengthways, and place them in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Pour a tbsp of honey and a pinch of cinnamon and sugar over each banana half, ensuring that they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the bananas are soft and sticky.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yoghurt drizzled with honey and a tsp of walnuts sprinkled over each half.