Skill level: Easy peasy
Liven up minced beef the Cuban way with this tangy little number. Mixture of sweet, sour, spicy and hot, plus a good slosh of rum, this traditional dish has got it all. Serve in soft wraps or over rice. Itís a delicious dinner party recipe that your friends and family will love. Itís full of amazing flavours which will get your taste buds dancing. Packed with chilli, garlic and green olives, this dish is meaty, filling and mouth-watering too.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 700g lean minced beef
- 115ml white rum
- 75g pitted green olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 75g raisins
- 2tbsp pickled capers, drained
- A few leaves fresh sage
- 4tbsp tomato purťe
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If youíre not keen on rum, replace the spirit with red wine or beef stock.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins until softened and lightly golden
- Stir in the garlic, chilli and minced beef, and cook, stirring, for 5 mins to brown the meat all over. Reduce the heat, pour in the rum and mix in the remaining ingredients. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 mins until tender.
- To serve, mix the meat mixture well, taste and season as necessary. Serve immediately straight from the pan accompanied with wraps or rice and a green salad.