Cookie and marshmallow cups
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you like chocolate chip cookies, you’ll love these cups. Filled with marshmallow spread, they are crunchy, gooey, soft and the ultimate treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. Serve these up at parties for a change from cupcakes (or as an addition!) and if you don’t have marshmallow spread at hand, you can experiment by filling with your favourite sweet toppings instead. The kids’ will definitely want to get in the kitchen and help you make these!
- 125g softened butter
- 170g soft brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- ¼tsp salt
- 1¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 10g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate chips
- 12tspns marshmallow spread such as Fluff
From Nutella to chocolate sauce, or even cream - the choice of fillings for these cups are endless!
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and add with the porridge oats to the butter and sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the egg and beat until a stiff dough is formed.
- Mix through the chocolate chips (saving some for decoration).
- Make 12 round patties from the dough and chill for 30 mins.
- Place each patty in a cupcake case and push down to form a well.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Spoon a teaspoon a marshmallow spread in each and top with a chocolate chips.