Cranberry and goat's cheese filo tarts
Skill level: Easy peasy
These bite size tarts are quick to make and bake. With classic flavour combinations, these are great to make as party food or as an extra special starter if you’re having dinner guests over. If you’ve got any leftover cranberry from the festive period, these make a perfect treat for the whole family and you can switch the goats cheese for something milder if the kids prefer a milder cheese like brie. They’re also ready in just 25 mins – scrumptious and speedy!
- 4 to 6 sheets of Filo pastry
- 2tbsp milk
- 2tbsp cranberry jelly
- 70g Goats Cheese cut into 12 cubes
The goats cheese can be substituted for brie or camembert.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- You will need a 12 hole bun tin.
- Cut the filo pastry into 24 x 3” squares.
- Lay one square each into the bun tin hole.
- Dab each square with some milk and cover with the remaining filo square, at an angle.
- Spoon a teaspoon of cranberry jelly into each filo case and place a cube of Goats Cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.