Mars bar cookie cups
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chocolate fans will go wild for these mars bar cookie cups! These cookies are refreshingly different from your usual chocolate bar, with the cookie giving it that extra crisp. A cookie cup is the cross between a cookie and a cupcake, all with a gooey Mars Bar hidden inside. The kids and adults alike will love this extra special treat, perfect for parties, birthdays or just a sweet weekend treat for the family. Even better, they're ready in just 25 mins.
- 125g softened butter
- 170g soft brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- ¼tsp salt
- 1¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 6 Fun Size Mars bars cut in half or 2 standard size Mars bars cut into 12 slices
You don’t have to use Mars Bars to fill these cookie cups, you could also try Milky Way or Bounty Bars.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and add to the butter and sugar. Beat until combined. Add the egg and beat until a stiff dough is formed.
- Chill the dough for 30 mins.
- Split the dough into 24 balls.
- Place one ball in the base of the cupcake case.
- Press a slice of Mars Bar into the dough.
- Top with the remainder of the dough balls, pressing down to cover the Mars Bar.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.