Morning muesli muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
In a hurry in the mornings? No time for breakfast? Make these the night before and grab one for a wholesome breakfast you can eat on the go, so there’s no excuses for missing out on the most important meal of the day. These morning muesli muffins are packed full of the dried fruit of your choice and ginger ginger to give them that extra wake up call kick. They’ll suit the whole family, taste delicious and only take 10 mins to prepare.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 100g muesli
- 50g dried fruit of you choice (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 5tbspn sunflower or vegetable oil
- 50gms light brown sugar
- 5tbspn runny honey
These muffins freeze really well, so why not make a batch, freeze them, and thaw 1 at a time for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ginger into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the muesli and dried fruit. Add ¾ of the muesli mix to the flour mix. Setting the remainder aside.
- In another bowl combine all the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining muesli.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden and well risen.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.