Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Cookie for breakfast? With these crunchy muesli cookies, having a cookie for breakfast is perfectly acceptable served with a glass of milk. Packed full of muesli, cinnamon and ground ginger, these cookies are bursting full of flavour and make a breakfast with a difference to help kick start your day differently.
- 170g softened butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp salt
- ½tsp cinnamon
- ½tsp ground ginger
- 240g plain flour
- 200g muesli
Bake for an extra 5 minutes for a crunchier cookie.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and beat.
- Sift together the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and flour. Add to the sugar, butter and eggs and mix to a stiff dough.
- Stir through the muesli and chill for 30 mins. Form into 18 balls and spread out on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 mins, or until the cookies are golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.