Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a great sunny summer salad perfect for picking at on the long lazy, crazy days when the sun is high, the sky is blue and the Mediterranean is lapping at your feet. Or, at least, it seems that way. There are lots of different ways of making a Greek salad, but this is quick and easy and contains the key ingredients such as feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Enjoy!
- 1 small red onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced into small chunks
- 1 small red (or green) pepper
- 150g Feta cheese, drained and cut or crumbled into cubes
- About 75g black olives, un-pitted weight, stoned if wished
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Juice of Ĺ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprigs of fresh oregano
Add red wine vinegar if you like. And serve with warm bread, such as pitta.
- Cut the onion into wafer thin slices. Halve the tomatoes and cut into thin wedges. Halve and deseed the pepper and cut into thin slices.
- Mix together the onion, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and Feta along with the olives in a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the salad and mix gently. Serve on a bed of lettuce, if wished, and garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano if you have any to hand.