Tomato, mozzarella and basil salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This traditional Italian salad – notice how the green, white and red colours of this salad are, patriotically, the same as the colours of the Italian national flag – is so simple to put together. But it looks fab and tastes even better, with the sensational flavours of the Mediterranean. Just the thing to enjoy with a pal on a hot summer’s day...
- 6 small tomatoes
- 125g pkt of mozzarella pearls, drained
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
If you put a finger over the top of the bottles of balsamic vinegar and olive oil you can “dot the plate” to give it that professional look!
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and arrange on two plates with the mozzarella pearls and basil leaves.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.