Orange and white chocolate cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Chocolate chip cookies are always a firm favourite and these would make an extra special treat as these cookies have an added citrus flavour of orange. They’re perfect for a party platter, or perhaps a Friday lunchbox or after teatime treat. Orange and chocolate go hand in hand, and you only need 10 mins preparation time to make these gooey treats, which means it’s also a great activity for the kids if they want to try a bit of baking.
- 220g softened butter
- 110g granulated sugar
- 90g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 350gms plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp salt
- 100g white chocolate chips
If you want to make the cookies less gooey and more crunchy, leave them in the oven until golden brown on top.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg, orange juice and zest and beat until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add it to the mix.
- Mix until it forms a stiff dough.
- Mix through the chocolate chips.
- Form into 18 balls and chill for 30 mins.
- Place on the baking sheets and bake for 8 to 10 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.