Peanut butter and chocolate chip muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you’re a fan of peanut butter, you have to give these muffins a try. We all know peanut butter tastes great smothered on toast, but it also works just as tatsty in a muffin – especially when mixed with the muffin must-have ingredient, chocolate chips. Crunchy peanut butter works best with this recipe, to make sure the treats are packed full of flavour – they’re a must-try for any peanut better lover.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- 175g crunchy peanut butter
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
For a real American twist, serve these spread with jam.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a bowl sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder.
- Mix through the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter, sugar, eggs and milk and mix until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.