Poppy seed and marmalade muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Citrus and Poppy Seed make a great combo and will definitely get your taste buds tingling. Use thick cut marmalade for these quick and easy muffins if you want a change from your usual marmalade on toast breakfast. The orange marmalade makes a refreshing change from lemon and you could even glaze with extra marmalade for a real fruity taste. Coffee breaks will be much more delicious with one of these in hand!
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g poppy seed
- 300g orange thick cut marmalade
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 120g melted butter
Lemon marmalade is great alternative to orange in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a bowl sift together the self-raising flour, baking powder and caster sugar.
- Mix through the poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl mix the marmalade, milk and eggs and stir until well combined.
- Mix through the melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide between the 12 cases and scatter the remaining sweets over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.