Rolo stuffed cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Love Rolos? You’ll love them even more when mixed up in this delicious cookie recipe. Chocolate chip cookies are a great family favourite, as are Rolos, so these treats are bound to go down well and would make a great Saturday night TV snack, and we bet the kids won’t say no to helping you make these either. Substitute chocolate chips for Mini Rolos for a cookie with a creamy, caramel twist.
- 125g softened butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- ½tspn bicarbonate of soda
- ½tspn salt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 100g Mini Rolos
Serve with warm milk for a great after teatime treat.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the flour and eggs to the butter and sugar and beat until a stiff dough is forms.
- Mix through the Mini Rolos.
- Form into 18 balls and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, longer if you prefer your cookies crunchy and not chewy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.