After a simple and fun recipe to make with the kids on a rainy day? As soon as they spot the Smarties, M&Ms or whatever favourite sweet you choose to make these spotty muffins, we bet they’ll be racing in the kitchen to get started. A true sweet snack which would go down as a party food winner or a treat for the kids’, they’re so simple to make and are ready in 30 minutes, which will keep the little cooks happy! We bet these muffins will be eaten just as quickly as it took making them.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 110g caster sugar
- 150g coloured sweets such as Smarties or M&Ms
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 80g melted butter
This recipe makes 18 to 20 fairy cake size muffins, which are a great for lunch boxes too.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a bowl sift together the self-raising flour, baking powder and caster sugar.
- Mix through half of the sweets.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, eggs and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Mix through the melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide between the 12 cases and scatter the remaining sweets over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.