White chocolate and macadamia muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
These luxury muffins have a crunch thanks to the macadamia nuts, and smooth creaminess from the white chocolate. Macadamia nuts are also known for their creaminess and rich taste, and add a nice twist to this tasty chocolate muffin treat. The sour cream adds another flavour into the mix too. If that wasn’t enough, they’re also incredibly easy to make and are ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tspn baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g white chocolate chips
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 100ml soured cream
- 100ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 80g melted butter
Save a few macadamia nuts to scatter over the top before baking for a toasted nut flavour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a bowl sift together the self-raising flour, baking powder and caster sugar.
- Mix through the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- In a separate bowl mix the soured milk, milk and eggs and stir until well combined.
- Mix through the melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide between the 12 cases and scatter the remaining sweets over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.