Roast salmon with lime and asparagus
Skill level: Easy peasy
A fish dish fit for royalty. You can’t beat a filling salmon fillet dinner and served with asparagus makes it even better. When asparagus is in season there is nothing to beat the tender stems, and it makes the perfect choice to serve with one of the tastiest fishes around. Served with fresh lime, it gives this dish a real citrus kick and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- 350g fresh fine asparagus spears
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 175g salmon fillets
- 2tbsp freshly chopped thyme + extra to garnish
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh lime to garnish
Reduce the salmon and asparagus by 1/3 and once cooked, chop the asparagus and flake the salmon. Toss into freshly cooked pasta and dress with crème fraiche.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Trim about 3cm away from the woody ends of the asparagus and arrange flat on baking tray. Brush with 1tbsp olive oil and season well.
- Wash and pat dry the salmon. Season all over, and place on top of the asparagus. Drizzle lightly with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the thyme and lime juice. Bake in the oven for about 25 mins until tender and cooked through.
- To serve, drain well and serve each portion of asparagus and salmon, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and garnished with fresh lime and thyme.