Sausage, roast new potato and tomato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Have some sausages in the fridge that need using up? This tasty recipe is the perfect answer and will please all the family. A tray bake of sliced potatoes, sausages and cherry tomatoes served with chopped spring onions and your favourite salad leaves is a dinner winner. Serve with a readymade dressing of your choice for an extra topping flavour.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 500g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pork and herb sausages
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 handfuls your favourite baby salad leaves
You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by use veggie sausages instead.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking tray with a little of the oil. Put the potato slices in a bowl and toss in the oil, garlic and plenty of seasoning. Spread evenly over the baking tray and cook for 15 mins.
- Turn the potatoes and arrange the sausages on top. Bake for a further 20 mins. Turn the sausages, top with the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 more mins until everything is tender and cooked through.
- Just before serving, drain the sausages, chop roughly and put in a heatproof bowl. Drain the potatoes and tomatoes and gently toss into the sausages along with the spring onion.
- Pile on to warm serving plates and season to taste. Serve with salad leaves and your favourite salad dressing if liked.