Fresh courgette salad with creamy tomato dressing
Cooking time:(30 seconds recommended)
After a healthy recipe packed full of veggie goodness? A light and healthy way to serve courgettes as part of a salad is with this recipe, with crisp cucumber, onion and a creamy tomatoey dressing. Get the family on the way to their 5-a-day, and with creamy Greek yoghurt added too, itís delicious and filling. Salads donít have to be dull and this recipe proves exactly that.
- 2 large courgettes
- Ĺ cucumber
- 1 small onion
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 170g carton 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs fresh basil
For a milder oniony flavour, replace the onion with shreds of fresh leek or lengths of fresh chive.
- Trim courgette. Slice lengthways as thinly as possible, and then cut into long strips. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the courgette strips for about 30 secs until slightly tender but not completely cooked. Drain well and cool under cold running water. Set aside.
- Wash the cucumber. Slice lengthways as thinly as possible, then cut into long strips. Peel the onion and slice into thin rings. Put in a serving bowl and set aside.
- For the dressing, wash the tomatoes, chop up roughly and place in a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt, ketchup and plenty of seasoning. Blend for a few seconds until smooth and well blended.
- To serve, drain the courgette and pat dry with kitchen paper. Carefully mix into the cucumber and onion. Pile the tomato dressing on top and scatter with the few basil leaves. Best served at room temperature.