Apple crumble cake slices
Makes: 10 slices
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Traditional cinnamon and apple flavours are combined with soft sponge and topped with crunchy crumble in this delicious recipe. These apple crumble cake slices are the perfect way to enjoy your morning coffee or afternoon cup of tea - if you're feeling really indulgent, serve with warm custard or cool cream. If you and your family and friends can't manage the whole cake in a few days, simply cut into slices and pop into the freezer. Each piece will take no time at all to defrost and will also make a great lunch box treat for the kids - if you're feeling generous enough to share!
- 100gms softened butter
- 130gms Demerara sugar
- 130gms plain flour
- 1tspn Ccinnamon
- 175gms softened butter
- 175gms caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 1tspn vanilla extract
- 175gms self-raising flour
- 3 Granny Smith apples
This cake can be sliced into bars and is great for picnics or lunchboxes.
Grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking parchment
- First make the crumble by placing all the ingredients into a food processor and blitzing until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix, then add the flour and mix until just combined and pour into the tin.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples, and dice to about 3 mm cubes and lay the cubes over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the tops until evenly distributed.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.