Tomato, bacon and avocado tower
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a great breakfast for a lazy weekend. The salty bacon, oily avocado and sweet tomatoes go perfectly together. Serve with some toasted sourdough bread and rocket leaves to make it a more substantial brunch. To make it veggie friendly, replace the bacon for large mushrooms. Next time your partner has a birthday, or there's a special occasion to celebrate, serve this as breakfast in bed - it'll go down a treat. It also makes a great lunch served with some chips or crisps and the avocado adds a tasty twist and bit of green to your normal bacon sarnie.
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 2 large beef tomatoes
Try using leaner back bacon to help reduce calories.
- Fry or grill the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and slice lengthways.
- Slice the tomato into ½inch slices. Now arrange the tower by starting with the base of the tomato, add a slice of bacon, then tomato, then avocado. Repeat again. Serve.