Mozzarella and tomato toasties
Skill level: Easy peasy
Mozzarella and tomato toasties make the easiest open pizzas topped with melted cheese, tomatoes and pesto. It's a really quick lunch to make for the kids and it's so easy, they can even you help you make it! All you need is a handful of ingredients, but feel free to mix and match with any leftovers you have in your fridge - in fact, think of them as a pizza. Anything goes!
If you canít find mozzarella pearls buy a whole ball and cut into small chunks.
- 1 ready-to-bake ciabatta loaf
- 4tbsp fresh pesto
- 125g mozzarella pearls, drained
- 14-16 cherry tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil to drizzle over
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Cook the ciabatta loaf according to packet instructions (8-10 mins). Trim the ends off the bread and cut in half vertically and then horizontally to make 4 pieces, or however many slices you like.
- Spread the soft side with pesto. Cut the cheese pearls and cherry tomatoes in half and pop on top of the toasted bread.
- Cook under a hot grill for 3-5 mins or until the cheese is melting nicely. Scatter with fresh basil leaves, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.