Cherry tomato and tapenade tart
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Sweet cherry tomatoes, tapenade (black olive paste) and a sheet of ready rolled puff pastry are all you need to make this delicious cherry tomato & tapenade tart. It makes a colourful addition to any buffet party table, only takes 30 mins to make and is suitable for vegetarians. If you want to make individual tarts for a starter simply cut the pastry into squares, add the topping and bake. Served warm with a few rocket leaves piled on top and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar it really is very tasty. If you’re not keen on tapenade spread the pastry with basil pesto instead.
- 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g pot tapenade
- 350g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2tbsp olive oil
Buy all butter puff pastry, if you can, for the best flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Unroll the sheet of puff pastry and place on the baking paper.
- Spread the tapenade over the pastry leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Arrange the cherry tomatoes (leaving the stalks on a few) over the top of the tapenade. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until the tomatoes have softened and the pastry is risen, golden and crisp. Serve warm or cold.