Party cracker bites
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Want some party nibbles that don’t need cooking? These party cracker bites just need to be assembled and in minutes you have a colourful selection of tasty snacks. For the bases you can use crackers, oat cakes or baked-until-crisp thin slices of French bread. They’re best assembled no more than 30 mins before serving otherwise the crackers will start to soften, but if you have the toppings chopped and ready to go they’re very quick to put together. Serve them on black slate boards with a glass of fizz for New Year’s eve or simply serve with a beer as a snack in front of the telly – whatever the occasion everyone will love them.
- 12 crackers
- 50g soft cheese
- 1tsp creamed horseradish
- 50g cooked beetroot (not pickled), finely chopped
- 50g tuna pate
- 3tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
- 1tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 50g red pepper hummous
- ¼ cucumber cut into thin sticks
- 1tbsp mustard and cress
All these toppings are also good on mini jacket potatoes for a hot canapé.
- Lay the crackers out on a board. For the beetroot and horseradish topping, mix together the soft cheese and horseradish and spread over four of the crackers. Top with chopped beetroot and season with freshly ground pepper.
- For the sweetcorn & tuna topping, spread the tuna pate over four crackers, top with the sweetcorn and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- For the cucumber and hummus topping, spread the red pepper hummus over the remaining crackers. Top with the cucumber and mustard and cress. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve within 30 mins of assembling.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!