Avocado and prawn bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick and easy to make avocado and prawn bake is perfect for a midweek treat. Alternatively, increase the quantities and serve with rice as a delicious main course for guests. Full of fresh flavours, with zingy lime, spring onions, crème fraiche, healthy avocado and prawns, all finished off with a crunchy cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper and parsley topping, this tasty dish is a treat for your taste buds. Just pop it in the oven and in just 10 mins it’s ready to eat.
- 4 medium-sized avocados
- 235g cooked king prawns
- 200g sweetcorn
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200ml crème fraiche
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
Try using scallops instead of prawns, for a delicious alternative.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Chop the avocados into chunks and mix with the king prawns, sweetcorn, chopped spring onions and lime juice.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- Mix the grated cheese, breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper and parsley together and sprinkle over the top of the prawn and avocado mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with crusty bread or rice.