White chocolate, fudge and hazelnut cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
These wonderfully indulgent cookies are amazingly moreish – better make an extra batch, as they’ll disappear fast. Both crunchy and chewy, they are an irresistible sweet treat. White chocolate and fudge chunks, vanilla and hazelnuts all combine to make a fabulous cookie. Easy to make, just mix all the ingredients together then pop them in the oven for 20 mins and they’re done. Munch them with a cuppa, give them as a gift, or put them in your packed lunch, but above all enjoy them!
- 175g plain flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 125g light soft brown sugar
- 50g white chocolate chunks
- 50g fudge chunks
- 50g chunky crushed hazelnuts
- 125g melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½tsp vanilla extract
Fudge chunks can be found in the baking section of most supermarkets, and an easy way to crush the hazelnuts is to put them in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin – also remarkably good for releasing stress!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, chocolate, fudge and hazelnuts in a bowl and add the butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients together until they are thorough combined.
- Form the mixture into golf-ball-sized pieces and put them on greased baking trays, flattening each to form cookies. Make sure that the cookies are spaced well apart, to allow for them to spread while cooking.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 20 mins, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.