Wasabi and lime smoked mackerel pâté
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
With fresh Thai flavours, and a fiery wasabi kick, this new twist on a classic recipe will leave your taste buds zapping. This wholesome pâté is rich in omega oils and vitamin C – so, you can indulge yourself and feel virtuous. Perfect for a quick, healthy lunch, delicious in sandwiches, or great as a dinner party starter, this pâté really is very versatile. In fact, it ticks all the boxes – cheap, easy, delicious and nutritious!
- 125g skinless smoked mackerel, flaked
- 2tbsp fromage frais
- 1tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wasabi powder is now widely available in most supermarkets. Just add 1 part warm water to 2 parts powder and mix into a past to release the impressive flavour.
- Blend all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined
- Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cover the pâté and place in the fridge to chill. Delicious served with granary toast, or enjoyed in sandwiches on a picnic.