Beet salad with avocado and blue cheese
Skill level: Easy peasy
The tell-tale earthy flavour and the flushed pink stains of using beets in any recipe make it a star ingredient. The tangy blue cheese dressing and silky texture of the avocado makes this easy and tasty recipe, a sure fire way to bring luxury to a starter or a special salad for two. For extra crunch, try topping with crispy bits of bacon or pancetta.
- 1 hot house lettuce
- 2 small beet, washed and peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 75g blue cheese
- 3tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2tsp of pine nuts
If beetroot is in season, simply peel and boil for 8-10mins until tender. Allow to cool and then slice.
- Share the lettuce onto 2 plates. Prepare the beets and avocado and slice them. Arrange on top of the lettuce.
- Blitz 50g of the cheese with the yoghurt in a mini blender or simply whisk them together to form a silky dressing.
- Pour the blue cheese dressing over the salad and crumble the remaining 25g over the top and sprinkle the pine nuts. Serve.