Cookie dough fudge
Total time:plus setting time
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Cookie dough worked into a fudge, what could be better? Two sweet sensations in one makes a great chocolate chip treat that the family will love. The fudge is doughy and delicious. It only takes 30 mins to rustle up and would make the perfect food gift for friends and family. It costs hardly anything to make too. For an even sweeter and naughtier treat, coat with melted chocolate and leave to set.
- 400g caster sugar
- 130g dark brown sugar
- 120ml single cream
- 60ml milk
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 15g butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 75g plain flour
- 50g chocolate chips
Squares of fudge makes a lovely homemade present.
- Grease a 20cm square tin. Place the sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk, and golden syrup into a saucepan and gently bring to the boil.
- Boil for about 5 mins, or if you have a confectioners thermometer heat until it reaches ‘soft ball’ or 112°C.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the butter, vanilla and flour
- Pour into a large shallow and leave undisturbed for 20 mins
- Scrape the mix out of the tin and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until the fudge thickens. This should take between 3 to 5 mins.
- Pour into the greased tin and sprinkle with the chocolate chips
- Chill for at least 2 hrs, or until its cool and set. Remove from the tin and cut into squares.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!