Cherry tomato and asparagus spaghetti
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This spaghetti dish is a perfect speedy supper that can be made in a flash. Try adding strips of chicken or smoked salmon or for added flavour, try tossing the pasta in some pesto before mixing with the vegetables. The only thing that will make this better is a big piece of garlic bread to mop of up the tomato juices. Basil and tomato are a match made in heaven, so look out for basil oil in the supermarkets for a sure fire way to add great flavour to your tomato based dishes.
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g spaghetti
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 spears of asparagus, sliced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
If you donít like asparagus try swapping it for a handful of fresh green beans.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions adding the asparagus strips to the cooking water half way through; drain and toss in oil and set aside.
- Gently fry the tomato halves in a pan until they start to wrinkle and release their juices. Add the spaghetti and asparagus to the pan and toss everything together. Season and add the basil leaves and serve.