Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The Italian flag plays host to three colours; red, white and green. This pasta dish uses these colours in three delicious ingredients; sweet cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and fresh basil. Combined with pasta bows also known as farfalle and this dish makes the perfect speedy supper for the family and with only 4 ingredients itís so easy to rustle up in under 20 minutes.
- 400g dried farfalle pasta bows
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g small mozzarella balls
- 200g punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
If you canít find a tub of small mozzarella balls then simply buy 2 large cheeses and cut them up into small chunks.
- Bring a saucepan of salt water to a rapid boil and add the pasta. Cook for 7-8mins or until tender. Drain and tip into a large serving bowl and toss with the oil.
- Add the tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves; toss everything together and serve.