Greek salad pittas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Classic Greek salad combines tangy olives, salty feta, sweet tomatoes and cool cucumber. It is perfect on its own, as a side dish to griddled meats or stirred through couscous and other grains. There is no cooking involved so itís really just a chopping and assembly job so itís great for a quick snack and perfect for picnic hampers and lunchboxes.
- 200g pack of feta cheese, drained, cut into cubes
- 4 salad tomatoes, diced
- Ĺ a cucumber peeled, quartered and diced
- 50g black pitted olives, halved
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 wholemeal pitta bread
For extra crunch, try grilling the pitta beforehand, either pop them into the toaster for a minute or heat them under the grill.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pitta in bowl. Season.
- Take each pitta and cut in half widthways. Using your fingers, gently prise apart the bread until you have a pocket. Fill each pocket with the mixed Greek salad and serve.