Lemon and parsley stuffed trout
Skill level: Bit of effort
Many people fear cooking with whole fish, but even the most novice of cooks can tackle this easy recipe with a little help from their local fishmonger. Using their knowledge and expertise, you can take home beautiful trout ready to cook with no fuss and no mess. This beautiful recipe maybe simple but is a sumptuous treat. Trout are a great source of omega 3 and essential oils, making it a great addition to everyone’s diet. This is best served with a big crisp green salad and a tearing of fresh bread to mop up the lemony juices. Simple and delicious.
- 2 whole trout, prepared
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves picked, chopped
- 1 lemons, zested and sliced
Ask your fishmonger to make sure the trout are scaled, cleaned and gutted for you.
- Take each trout and carefully make a few slashes on the top side. Rub each one with a little olive oil and seasoning. Open the fish and stuff the inside cavity with plenty of slices of lemon and parsley.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle the lemon zest on top before placing on the top shelf of the oven, under the grill. Cook for 5-6mins on each side until the skin looks crispy ad golden. Serve.