Mexican sweet potato and bean wrap
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These wraps are a great veggie recipe. The addition of sweet potato means they are filling and great for using up leftover vegetables. Tins of mixed beans are a great cupboard staple; theyíre already cooked so no need to soak them overnight. We rely on bread so much, so itís great to use wraps as a tasty alternative for sandwiches.
- 1 large sweet potato, baked whole and left to cool
- 1tsp mexican seasoning
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tin of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 hot house lettuce
- 4tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 tortilla wraps
If you canít find Mexican seasoning, use a little of chilli, cumin and garlic powder for a similar flavour.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthways and scoop out the soft filling into a bowl. Mix the potato with the cheese and Mexican seasoning and share the mixture between the 4 wraps.
- Next add the lettuce and a spoonful of the mixed beans and 1tbsp of mayonnaise if using. Roll the filling in the wrap and cut in half.