Pasta with pork and peas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
In just 15 mins from start to finish you can be sitting down and enjoying this delicious pasta with pork and peas dish. You can’t beat it for a great family meal when everyone comes home starving wanting food fast. We’ve taken a cheats shortcut with this recipe and used a ready made creamy mushroom sauce, you can either buy a tub of fresh sauce or use a jar, and added some garlic, pan-fried pork and frozen peas. Top it off with a generous grating of Parmesan cheese and black pepper and you have a satisfying meal everyone will love.
- 400g pasta tubes such as rigatoni
- 150g frozen peas
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 300g pork tenderloin or lean pork steaks, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 375g chilled (or jar) creamy mushroom sauce for pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
You can replace the pork with chicken breast fillets cut into strips, or use cooked chopped sausages instead.
- Cook the pasta tubes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 mins, adding the peas for the final 3 mins, until just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork strips and stir-fry over a high heat for 5 mins until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan, cook over a medium heat for 30 secs then pour in the mushroom sauce and bring to the boil, stirring. Return the pork to the pan and simmer for 1 min to heat through.
- Drain the pasta and peas, add to the sauce and stir to coat. Pile into bowls and serve with a generous grating of Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.