Fusilli with Gorgonzola and walnuts
Skill level: Easy peasy
For a quick and easy 15 minute meal you canít beat this hearty dish of fusilli with Gorgonzola and walnuts. Simply put the pasta on to cook and at the same time prepare the sauce. When the pasta is cooked all you have to do is mix everything together. Add a sprinkling of crispy fried breadcrumbs and dinner is ready. Blue cheese and walnuts go really well together and make a very tasty last minute pasta sauce mixed with cream. If you havenít got Gorgonzola you can use Roquefort or Stilton instead or for a milder flavour use St Agur.
- 400g fusilli or other pasta shapes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 150ml double cream
- 150g Gorgonzola cheese
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- Parsley or celery leaves, to garnish (optional)
If youíve had the walnuts in the cupboard for a while you can freshen them up and bring out their flavour by frying them in the pan with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 mins, until just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and fry, stirring, for 2 mins until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the cream in a small pan until just below boiling, remove from the heat and crumble in the Gorgonzola. Season with freshly ground pepper, thereís no need to add salt as the cheese is quite salty.
- Drain the pasta, divide between four bowls and pour over the blue cheese cream. Scatter over the walnuts and crispy breadcrumbs and garnish with parsley or celery leaves, if liked.