Tortelloni with ham and mushrooms
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Fresh stuffed pasta makes a filling and flavoursome base for a quick meal and is widely available in most supermarket chiller cabinets. This tortelloni with ham and mushrooms is ready in just 10 mins, you can’t get much quicker than that. We’ve chosen a four cheese filled tortelloni but there are many other fillings you can choose from including spinach and ricotta, mushroom, bacon and tomato and sausage and ham. For a vegetarian meal use spinach and ricotta tortelloni and replace the ham with marinated artichokes or roasted peppers from a jar or the deli counter. You'll have a family meal on the table in next to no time.
- 400g Four cheese tortelloni (from the chiller cabinet)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g small open cap mushrooms, sliced
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 75g wafer thin ham, torn into pieces
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
To reduce the calories and fat, replace the crème fraiche with a tub or jar of tomato and basil pasta sauce.
- Cook the tortelloni and peas together in a large pan for 3-4 mins or for the time stated on the packet, until they float to the surface.
- At the same time, heat the oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and fry for 2 mins until tender. Pour in the crème fraiche and bring to the boil, stirring. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drain the tortelloni and peas and divide between four bowls. Pour over the sauce and scatter with the ham pieces. Serve straightaway with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.