Prawn soba noodles
Having a packet of king prawns in the freezer is a fail safe way to have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes. They are so versatile in so many recipes and this noodle salad is no different. Soba noodles are a thin brown Japanese variety made with buckwheat, so this means they are gluten free. They can be bought dried and cook very quickly.
- 300g soba noodles
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 200g king prawns, frozen or fresh
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
If you don’t fancy using sweet chilli sauce, try any stir-fry sachet sauce.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and drizzle in half the sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large wok, heat the remaining oil and add the onions and chilli. Cook for 2mins. Add the prawns and cook for another 2-3mins until the prawns are pink in colour. If the prawns were frozen, they may need a minute more.
- Turn the heat down and add the noodles and sweet chilli sauce and stir to combine everything thoroughly. Spoon into bowls and serve.