Potato wedge nachos
Skill level: Easy peasy
We all know and love the taste of a big bowl of nachos made with crunchy tortilla chips, topped with melted cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Well this recipe shakes things up a bit, with fluffy potato wedges instead. Serve this in the middle of the table as a picking starter for the family or share them between 2 as a main meal. If you’ve got time to make wedges from scratch then do, if not just use frozen chunky oven chips.
- 750g frozen potato wedges
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g guacamole
- 100g salsa
- 100g sour cream
For extra heat, try adding sliced jalapeno peppers just before serving. Or look out for Mexicana cheese, cheddar with added chilli for even more spice.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6 and bake the wedges on a large baking tray for 20-25mins until fluffy in the centre and golden outside.
- Tip the cooked wedges into a large oven proof dish. Top with the grated cheese and pop back into oven for a further 5mins for the cheese to melt, bubble and turn golden.
- Serve with a dollop of guacamole, salsa and sour cream or let everyone add their own onto a plate.