Skill level: Easy peasy
This wonderfully light prawn linguine is the perfect healthy supper for the family. The zesty and fiery chilli dressing is an optional extra but works so well with this fishy dish. It's also a good one to learn for all future seafood dishes - it could even be used as a marinade for chicken and salmon fillets. You could make the dressing in advance and keep chilled until ready to cook the pasta and prawns to add - it's always best to make the prawn linguine on the day. Even still it's a quick and stylish supper to serve to friends too, and minimal stress for the cook. If you fancy switching in prawns for King prawns then that would make a tasty addition to this prawn linguine!
- 400g linguine
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 300g raw king prawns, peeled
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Handful or fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
You could swap prawns for pretty much any seafood, try mussels, clams or even scallops.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the linguine, and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chilli, lemon zest and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes then add the prawns. Cook for 2-3mins or until the prawns have turned pink. Add the lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Add the linguine to the pan and toss thoroughly. Serve with fresh parsley.