That's right, pancakes that look like a burger! Give your pancakes a fresh spruce this Pancake Day by turing your pancakes into this burger. This tasty creation may look like the real thing but if you take a closer look you will see its actually a sweet treat. Sandwich thick American-style pancakes with double chocolate chip cookies and layer with some cleverly made sauces and sides. Not just for Shrove Tuesday, these will make the perfect treat for a birthday party or celebration. You could even turn them into mini slider-style burgers and serve as canapés! So much fun! All your friends will be asking how you made them, your secret is safe with us!
See more from our pancake experiment with our 24 things you never thought to do with pancakes
- Basic pancake recipe batter (replace the milk with buttermilk and flour with self-raising flour for a thicker pancake)
- Desiccated coconut
- Large soft double chocolate chip cookies
- Green, yellow and red food colouring
- Sesame seeds
- Icing sugar
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Make up a batch of basic pancakes and allow to cool slightly. We made American-style pancakes for this recipe by replacing the milk with buttermilk and the plain flour with self-raising.
- Colour the coconut with green food colouring to resemble lettuce.
- Mix the red and yellow food colourings with two separate batches of icing sugar to make the ketchup and mustard sauces.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the pancake and place one or two cookies on top.
- Drizzle over the red and yellow icing and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Spread another pancake with the melted chocolate and place on top and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.