Hungry Caterpillar pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Do your kids love the Hungry Caterpillar? Imagine their little faces when they see this pancake creation! It may look a little tricky to make yourself but it actually couldn't be easier. We took our basic pancake recipe, added a little food colouring, did a little cutting and voila! This fun design is not just for Pancake Day, we think it would make a lovely breakfast treat for the little ones' birthdays too.
- Basic pancake recipe
- Red food colouring
- Green food colouring
- Cookie cutter
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
See more from our pancake experiment with our 24 things you never thought to do with pancakes
- Make up a batch of pancake batter and split into two. Colour one half green and one red with a few drops of food colouring. Add the food colouring slowly and stir until you get the desired colour.
- Make 2 green pancakes and 1 red (you can use the leftover batter to make other fun characters) and allow to cool.
- Cut 9 green circles and one red and arrange in the shape of the caterpillar.
- Cut triangles from the leftover red pancake and arrange for the feet. Cut 2 thin strips for the antennas.
- Place 2 marshmallows on the red circle for the eyes and top with chocolate chips.
- Cut any remaining green pancake into strips to make grass.